With a proven track record of optimizing functionality / availability, technical support, cost control, and revenues, I am proud to have established myself as a successful systems administrator and infrastructure engineer. Combining expertise in performance tuning, systems implementation, scripting, and networks / servers, I am now seeking the opportunity to bring 17 years of experience to your organization.
Over the course of my career, I have created value by devising and deploying effective solutions, by performing troubleshooting and testing operations, by spearheading key design and implementation initiatives, and by overseeing enterprise core services. A sample of key contributions includes:
- Reduced firewalls mailing list delivery times (for 10,000+ members and 100+ daily messages) from 5-8 days to less than 1 day (in collaboration with colleagues) by relieving sendmail / server congestion through the creation of PERL scripts; co-authored paper on the system later presented at the Usenix LISA conference.
- Decreased costs and deployment time by expediting transition to Solaris; improved on the Sun implementation model by enabling Solaris client installations to precede server upgrades.
- Delivered open wireless access across all customer sites while maximizing security (no access for external parties) by creating a customized OpenWRT solution (embedded Linux for Linksys wireless routers) to filter access to the DMZ.
- Improved user experiences by providing peerless technical / systems support.
- Bolstered database management by employing PERL to develop a CGI library.
For a more detailed presentation of my skills and background, please review the enclosed resume and feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Resume in HTML
Resume as a Word document